Sunday, February 5, 2012

The roof the roof the roof

Goal for today: Get the scary toilet out, get the vents off the roof and get the roof ready to be removed. Notice I just said, ready, not actually taking it off?

Had some challenges figuring out how the toilet was attached. Tried to rock it off its base. Tried to find bolts holding it down with no luck. Finally, I ended up straddling it, leaning over it upside down. That's when it happened. That's when I saw it. Oh god. There was liquid swirling around deep inside. I think I may have run out screaming...? This is one of those times when I wanted to be the observer. Someone needs to come help me NOW! Please!

One way or another, you're coming out today
Making way for the extraction. Ben with his favorite toy.

Room with a view

I am so grateful for this
At least the worst part is over


Ben decides that he is determined to get the roof off today. I personally think we need some other people to actually lift it off, but apparently my concerns went completely unnoticed. He got the vents off the top and the guys had it almost down when my mom and I came out of the house! I couldn't believe it! I really thought it was going to be a bear to remove. I hadn't figured out a way to lift off with beams or using pulleys. I would have spent at least two more trips planning for it. But they just went ahead and did it. Awesome. Love it.
Please don't fall through the roof
Nice sunny spot...


...for a cigarette? Please don't set Agnes on fire

Thar she blows!

Wow! Most impressed!

Worse in some places. Better in others.

Scalped

Worst water damage

No comments:

Post a Comment