Wednesday, August 17, 2011


Alright! Let's get started! Got my beat up old trailer (found out it's actually a 1956, not 1954). There she is. Sittin in my driveway. Yep. Uh huh. All ready for me to get started on. Here we go. Let's get started. On the way. Should be done in no time. Have all kinds of brilliant thoughts for paint colors, beds, artwork, lights. Yep. I go out and look at her everyday with excitement then just stand there, staring, blankly, realizing I have not a clue what to do. I feel a little panic, a little of that overwhelming anxious feeling working it's way from my stomach up. Before it sets in, I take a deep breath and decide that the best thing to do is just dive in.



So Will told me that she had been sitting in lot for about 10 years. Hmm. Never would have guessed that ;).  I knew I couldn't really start working on anything complicated yet, but I decided just doing something, anything, would get the ball rolling. I washed the outside and scrubbed with it a broom. All kinds of fun things came streaming, flying, and falling out of nooks and crannies. Adorable little spiky brown widow eggs, black widows, and an abundance of pine needles and leaves. Cool! Already feeling productive. I'm not sure what went on inside while it was at that lot, but a little imagination and the "decorations" left made me pretty sure it wasn't really anything I wanted to think about. I got two bottles of Simple Green and wiped down every surface on the inside. Ah, much better! At least I removed any surface nastiness. The bathroom was a different story.  I have to admit, it scared the hell out of me. I'm not sure what I was looking at. I took an extra deep breath and squeezed into the tiny 2 x 3 space and gave it a quick once over.

I decided to do my best to assess the issues of the trailer so I could do some research. Here is all the nitty grittiness of my beloved little caravan...


Hmmm. Wonder what was supposed to be here

Oh look, a wire thingy sticking out from the side!

A really thick piece of wood. Good thing they used a lot of screws straight into the skin.

Worst corner

Cute little levelers





Duct tape bandaid
Martin is starting to come around...

And yet this tiny little bulb is still intact...?

Interesting...

Only missing 2 lights/reflectors!

Apparently she was a lemony greenish color

Ick!

Gonna hammer this out

Yeah! Screw 'em!

Sweet nothings

Ok

Trailer was a hot spot!

Hoping this is of the liquor variety


No comments:

Post a Comment