Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shiny shiny shi ni niny!



Wow. I think I found my favorite new project. Cleaning and polishing metal! It is so utterly satisfying! What an immediate result. Always trying to do what I can at home since I only get to visit Agnes once a week. I thought I would take a stab at working on a few pieces of trim I have at home and seeing if the process worked. Goodness, did it! I found the most perfect tutorial here~ Shine me up!

I was able to do everything exactly except the bench grinder. I instead bought a cotton buffing pad for my drill and it was easy to use and worked fairly well, I think. A few nicks in the metal when I wasn't paying attention to the angle, but not bad for a practice piece. Now I just want to polish everything tomorrow!

All the necessary supplies

Before. Ick!

Gettin ready to buff

I think it looks wonderful! :D

 Oh Agnes, you are going to be so sparkly!


....continued again with the polishing. This time in the rain. Yay! Watching paint bubble and scraping it off is most fun.

Got some work to do. You can see the finished middle piece below.



Bitchin camaro


No comments:

Post a Comment